Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Armarkat Cat Tower Tree Condo

I had made a Cat Climber, which I had positioned in front of our dining room window. Since then, the cat that we had passed on, and we got two more rather active cats. I wanted to be able to see them enjoy watching outdoors more. The window in our living room sits higher, and looks out on bushes that borders our neighbors yard. The birds love hanging out there. I knew our new cats would be more intrigued with this view.

After shopping around for awhile, I decided on the Armarkat Cat Tower. It had a pretty substantial base, and if I left off the top tower piece, it would line up perfectly with our living room window. One cat could lay on the top perch and the other could easily lay or sit on the condo part.


When either one is feeling frisky, they also enjoy playing with the yarn balls. The cat tower actually came with five levels, but I only used four; the base and three more levels. It fits better by the window for us, with just the four levels.

The cats love it and couldn't wait for us to get it built. I think they knew it was for them. They were especially excited while I laid out the pieces on the floor.

This is the model that we purchased,


And these are some more to choose from:


Update: The yarn balls have since come off, but the tower still stands sturdy and our cats still use it. I've since purchased little pet pads (kind of like a cover for a pet bed) and laid one on each of the top levels. Then I can easily launder those as needed to keep the unit cleaner and more fur free.

Cheryl Paton
CherylsArt on Zazzle

1 comment: