Sunday, August 10, 2014

Goo Gone - a product review

The bumper sticker on my car was old and very faded. I applied one coating of the Goo Gone and waited a few minutes, per the instructions. After the initial wait, I was able to peel the vinyl like top coating.

A very sticky under layer remained. I applied a second coat and let it sit for a couple of minutes. It loosened it up quite a bit and I got a good amount of it off.

I applied a third coating of Goo Gone and waited another minute or so, and easily wiped the remaining sticky stuff away. Voila, all the sticky spots and signs of the old bumper sticker were gone.

I had a second smaller bumper sticker that I decided to remove. It hadn't been on the car quite as long, only around a year or two. That one only took two coatings of the Goo Gone for it to be wiped away. I again had to peel the vinyl type layer off first, and then did the second layer. That was all that one needed.

If you have a sticky residue on a hard surface to remove, I would recommend Goo Gone.



Cheryl Paton

No comments:

Post a Comment