Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Using the Garmin GPS means I don't have to have multiple maps in my lap

I use to do the job of the Garmin gps. When my husband and I went on trips, he did most of the driving and I acted as navigator with various maps in my lap; sometimes I had two and even three maps laid out in my lap at the same time. Yes, in big cities, there were maps that only covered a small area, so I had two smaller area maps as we moved from one area to another, and then also a larger map to see where they lined up. And when you're talking multiple lanes of traffic going on, it wasn't always an ideal situation.

Life has gotten so much easier now. We type the destination in to the Garmin gps, and the let it do the navigating. What a blessing.

The model that we purchased was the Garmin nuvi 1200. Since then, there are new options. Voice directions are nice and they can be muted if you like. It's nice having a video display of the car and the roads.



Be sure to purchase the update package to keep current with new roads, etc. Before a trip, my husband will download the update so that we know the directions are the most up to date.

Cheryl Paton

No comments:

Post a Comment