Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Gardening Tips - Less Weeding

My garden has grown over the years. As it has grown, it seemed that there was more weeding to do. Then I invested in making my walkway path weed resistant. It isn't perfect, but it is a lot better, and also artistic now, too.


I started out by laying down blank newspaper paper, topped it with two layers of landscaping fabric, then I laid down patio pavers; lastly I filled in the area around the pavers with pebbles, river rock. The addition of the rocks made the pavers more secure.

Doing this has made it easier to walk around my garden and has also reduced the weeding; which is a very welcomed plus!

I placed four patio pavers next to one another with their edges touching, by the gate area, so that the pebbles wouldn't escape out the gate.

As you can see, I've also added some artistic designs to the pavers. I did this with acrylic outdoor patio paint. I love the artistic touch. It's like having a gardening room outside.

Update: It's been a couple of years now since the addition of the pebbles around the pavers. It has greatly reduced the weeding but did not eliminate it completely. However, for the weeds that have sprouted up between the rocks, pebbles; it has been much easier to remove them. I have also since, added more pavers.

All the best to you in your gardening ventures.

Cheryl Paton

The above text links go to Amazon. As an Amazon associate, I earn income for qualifying purchases made from the above links.

No comments:

Post a Comment