Friday, August 27, 2010

Painting People in Acrylic with Lee Hammond

When I first started painting people in acrylic, I looked at the photo and made my best guess with the skin paint colors that I had on hand. Once I got the book, Painting People in Acrylic with Lee Hammond, I branched out of my comfort zone and explored new possibilities. I added orange, blue and red; not the normal colors I had normally added when painting skin tones.

With the practice exercises of painting spheres, my blending techniques also improved.

If you're looking to take your skin painting skills in acrylic up to the next level, I recommend this informative book by Lee Hammond. It covers tips for painting skin as well as fur, brush maintenance, blending techniques, and more.



Cheryl Paton

No comments:

Post a Comment